Calling All Aspiring Filmmakers
Have a budding journalist or filmmaker at home? Looking for holiday break activities? The Picture House is seeking student film critics for our 2020 NYICFF Kid Flicks programs. Students are invited to create and share video reviews of any of the short film programs, which will help other families learn about each of the programs from kids’ unique perspectives. The Kid Flicks programs will be available from The Picture House Virtual Screening Room throughout the holiday season and videos can be submitted at any time through December 31st. Selected videos will be posted on our social media channels and website. Please follow the guidelines below for creating and submitting your video reviews.
2020 Kid Flicks Film Review Guidelines
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- You must watch the entire program in order to be eligible to review it.
- You can use any device to record your video, but please make sure you record in a quiet place and speak up so we can hear you!
- Please include the name of the program that you are reviewing (Program One, Two, or Three) in the subject line when submitting your video.
- Please state your name and the program that you are reviewing at the beginning of the video.
- Please end the video by giving us your “Star Rating”, 1-5 Stars: 1 Star is the lowest rating, 5 stars is the highest.
Some things to keep in mind when you are reviewing the Kid Flicks programs:
- Try to review the program as a whole. Did it keep your interest the entire time? Were you bored with some films but delighted by others?
- What did you think about the format of the program? Did you enjoy the variety of films?
- Which film (or films) were your favorites? Focus on these and tell us why you liked them.
- Were there any sad or confusing films that you think other kids need to know about?
- What recommendation would you make to your friend or family member about watching this film program? Should they watch with a parent or a friend? Should they make sure to have popcorn?
These are just some questions to ask yourself before you record your review. Remember, your review may be shared widely, so think about how you want to express yourself in front of an audience. Please send any finished videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of the Kid Flicks program you are reviewing included in the subject line. We look forward to seeing what you create!