The Picture House Regional Film Center is a community-based, mission-driven, movie organization presenting the best in independent, international, documentary, and classic cinema, as well as opportunities for people and local organizations to meet and share unique experiences.
Gifts of Cash
A donation of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift so The Picture House can continue serving our communities. Benefits of gifts of cash
- You can make an immediate impact on our mission.
- You can take a charitable income tax deduction.
You may make your gift online at Donate Now or by mail to:
- Mr. Clayton Bushong
The Picture House Regional Film Center
175 Wolfs Lane
Pelham NY 10803
Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program you set up with a third party that allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. If you contribute to your own DAF, please consider adding The Picture House to the organizations you support through it.
Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, is an easy and tax effective way for you to make a gift to The Picture House. Benefits of gifts of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further The Picture House mission today
Please contact Bob DeMicco at 914-299-6761 or at Bob@thepicturehouse.org
for specific information on how to make a gift of stocks ,bonds or mutual funds.
Qualified Charitable Distribution (IRA Rollover)
If you are age 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a simple way to reduce your tax liability and help us fulfill our work as community theaters.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
• Avoid taxes on transfers from your IRA by designating it to The Picture
• If you are age 70½ or older, IRS rules require you to take required minimum
distributions (RMDs) each year from your tax-deferred retirement accounts. You may satisfy all or part of your RMD for the year with a charitable rollover gift.
• Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
• You may make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
• You will help further the work and mission of The Picture House.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to The Picture House Regional Film Center.
2. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to The Picture House to help continue our important work.
3. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction. It saves on your income taxes because the gift comes from untaxed funds not included in your annual income, as an RMD would be.
Please contact Bob DeMicco at 914-299-6761 or at Bob@thepicturehouse.org if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose or have any other questions.